Wednesday, December 5, 2012

ISS again

The message from NASA this morning read: " Wed Dec 05 7:20 PM, Visible: 6 min, Max Height: 60 degrees, Appears: SSW, Disappears: NE".  Sure enough, at precisely the minute, I spotted the International Space Station again, this time a lot more clearly.  First I took a pic of it but it was not clear as you can see below:

It's the white fuzzy dot close to the centre of the pic. It's fuzzy because I have unsteady hands. 

I then took a video clip of it.  It's moving to the left of the screen.  The erratic movement you see in the video is because of the movement of my camera.  I foolishly moved the camera to centralize the object which I ought not to have done.  The white dot seems sometimes to take on a life of its own and it flits about the screen.  Again, it's the movement of my hands and not the ISS which moves steadily across the night sky towards the left of the screen.  Here's the video:




No comments:

Post a Comment