Saturday, July 7, 2012

Concert in Ostrava

To all my friends in Ostrava:

As you are aware, I'm a camera-happy kind of chap and I have captured just about everything on my cam.  For the concert of 7 July 2012, I filmed EVERY performance and I have uploaded a lot of them on youtube with a private link.

As many of you know, I have publicized these links on my facebook page but some of you may not have seen it because we haven't connected on facebook or in one particular instance, rare though I must say, the person has no facebook account and does not intend to have one.  For this reason, I will post on this page all the links to your performances on youtube.

I know many of you are impatient to see your videos uploaded but please be patient.  Uploading the videos can be quite a chore.  Each video can take anything from 4 to 8 hours.  To be fair to all parties, I'm uploading the videos in the order in which the concert was performed.  I will try to upload as many as I can but because of the length of the videos and the large number of them, I trust you will pardon me for my tardiness.

All the performances are excellent and to the best of my knowledge, all of you are happy with the uploading of your videos.  But I still try to have some measure of privacy and as you can see, I have set the privacy level in my youtube account such that the videos are accessible only to those with the private links.  I have also taken the step of posting this blog post in the 7 July entry which means visitors to my blog won't see this post easily unless they have a specific link to it since it's buried under a heap of other postings of mine.  But just in case some of you would rather have privacy for your performance, please let me know.

Many of you have asked me about the teachers' performances.  As you know, our teachers are top-notch, world-class musicians and are renowned not just in Europe but also the rest of the world.  These virtuosos are naturally very careful about having videos of them posted online.  Just as I have done in the past, I will do the same for this year; all the teachers' videos will NOT be posted online unless I have direct written instructions from them to do so.  As some of you know, last year, I posted on Facebook a video of the teachers' performance the year before that.  I did that only because I was requested by them to do so and I had the permission of every one of the performers in that video.  We owe a debt of gratitude to the teachers and giving them privacy is but a small token of our thanks.  

Here are the links to the students' performances:

1.  Saxofonove Trio! My friend, Zuzka, is the beautiful lady closest to the camera. Click here!

2.  The brilliant Eva on the clarinet.  Click here!

3.  Tereza and her cool saxophone.  Click here!

4.  My wonderful roommate, Paweł Kroczek (actually, we were only roommates in 2010 but he's such a great musician I continue to call him "roommate" in the hope of sharing some of his fame when he becomes famous soon) Click here!

5.  The great Lukas Broda.  Click here!

6.  The petite and beautiful Katerina Jurenova.  Click here!

7.  My good friend, the vivacious and beautiful Katerina Cermakova.  Click here!

8.  My buddy, the great Michael Jermar, the coolest musician ever.  Click here!

9.  My friend, the great clarinettist, Lukasz.  Click here!

10.  The beautiful Anezka on the saxophone.  Click here!

11.  My good friend, the beautiful and magnificent Ania on the clarinet.  Click here!

12.  Martin Forst, my friend, the King of Jazz.  Martin Forst is to the saxophone what Martin Frost is to the clarinet!  Click here!

13.  Marcin the great clarinettist.  Click here!

There are many more videos to upload and I will do so from time to time.  Keep an eye on this page!

New additions:

14.  The Saxophone Quartet Part 1 Click here!

15.  The Saxophone Quartet Part 2 Click here!

16.  The Saxophone Quartet Part 3 Click here!

17.  My remarkably talented friend, the amazing David Lenz.  Click here!




No comments:

Post a Comment